CambridgeSide is the centerpiece of a one million square foot urban mixed-used development located minutes from downtown Boston in one of the world’s greatest high-tech/bio-tech innovation districts—East Cambridge, Massachusetts.
With two of the nation’s top educational institutions located within a five mile radius and more than 250,000 students attending college in Boston and Cambridge, the mall boasts a young and culturally diverse demographic. The center’s trade area has a growing population of 1,165,320 with an Average Household Income of $89,114. Within a mile radius of CambridgeSide, the Average Household Income is $116,666.
The center encompasses a unique mix of some of the best specialty retailers and restaurants in the country and generates traffic of 7 million customers per year. Notable tenants include Macy’s, H&M, Banana Republic, Apple, Sephora, J.Crew, A|X Armani Exchange, Ann Taylor, and Club Monaco.
- Trade area has a growing population of more than 1.1 million.*
- Average Household Income of $89,114 in trade area*
- Highly-educated, diverse customer base
- 7 million customers annually
- Over 21,955 hotel rooms available in Boston and Cambridge
- Surrounded by 18.6 million square feet of office and R&D space▪
- Easily accessible by commuter rail, car, and pedestrian walkways to some of the world’s finest medical, academic, financial and cultural resources
* 2015 Alexander Babbage CenterMAX Research Report
- Boston and Cambridge attract approximately 20 million visitors each year.
- Boston/Cambridge: 21,955 hotel rooms
- Cambridge: 17 hotels, with 3,304 rooms total
- In Boston MSA: 17 hotels in development/ under construction, with 3,062 rooms total
- Hotel Marlowe, a Kimpton property, with 236 rooms, has direct access to CambridgeSide.
- Royal Sonesta, with 400 rooms, is located directly across the street.
- 265,000 visitors depart from CambridgeSide each year on the Charles River Boat Tours and Super Tours Upper Deck Trolley Tours.
- Nearby attractions include Museum of Science, Boston: 1.6 million visitors a year, 6th most visited science center in the world
- Surrounded by 18.6 million sf of office and R&D space
- 2 million square feet of office space under construction in Cambridge, of which more than 1.2 million sf is in East Cambridge
- East Cambridge is the most active submarket in Greater Boston, setting record-high rents and strong absorption.*
* CBRE New England Market Outlook 2015
- Cambridge is home to four colleges, includingHarvard and MIT, with over 41,800 students.
- CambridgeSide attracts a strong influx of students from Boston University, located just across the river, with 28,812 students.
- There are more than 100 colleges and universities located in the Greater Boston area.
- Surrounded by high-income residential with average household income exceeding $110,000
- New building have added over 4,700 units ranging from $300,000 to in excess of $1.5 million.
- Within walking distance, the NorthPoint development will bring 2,800 new residences.
- Cambridge has the highest per capita income among the top 5 most populous citiesin Massachusetts.
TRANSPORTATION AND ACCESS
- Easy access from regional and local roadways
- MBTA Lechmere Passenger Boardings: 2.2 million annually
- MBTA Kendall Square Passenger Boardings: 3.9 million annually
- Free shuttle service between MBTA Kendall Square T Stop and CambridgeSide, with average annual ridership of 330,000
LONG-TERM LEASING CONTACT
Manny Steiner, Vice President
New England Development
For additional information, please visit New England Development.
SPECIALTY LEASING CONTACT
Specialty Leasing Department at
For additional information, please visit CambridgeSide Galleria Specialty Leasing