CambridgeSide is the centerpiece of a one million square foot urban mixed-used development located minutes from downtown Boston in one of the world’s greatest high-tech/bio-tech innovation districts—East Cambridge, Massachusetts.
With two of the nation’s top educational institutions located within a five mile radius and more than 250,000 students attending college in Boston and Cambridge, the mall boasts a young and culturally diverse demographic. The center’s trade area has a growing population of 1,165,320 with an Average Household Income of $89,114. Within a mile radius of CambridgeSide, the Average Household Income is $116,666.
The center encompasses a unique mix of some of the best specialty retailers and restaurants in the country and generates traffic of 7 million customers per year. Notable tenants include Macy’s, H&M, Banana Republic, Apple, Sephora, J.Crew, A|X Armani Exchange, Ann Taylor, and Club Monaco.
- Trade area has a growing population of more than 1.1 million.*
- Average Household Income of $89,114 in trade area*
- Highly-educated, diverse customer base
- 7 million customers annually
- Over 21,955 hotel rooms available in Boston and Cambridge
- Surrounded by 18.6 million square feet of office and R&D space▪
- Easily accessible by commuter rail, car, and pedestrian walkways to some of the world’s finest medical, academic, financial and cultural resources
* 2015 Alexander Babbage CenterMAX Research Report
- Boston and Cambridge attract approximately 20 million visitors each year.
- Boston/Cambridge: 21,955 hotel rooms
- Cambridge: 17 hotels, with 3,304 rooms total
- In Boston MSA: 17 hotels in development/ under construction, with 3,062 rooms total
- Hotel Marlowe, a Kimpton property, with 236 rooms, has direct access to CambridgeSide.
- Royal Sonesta, with 400 rooms, is located directly across the street.
- 265,000 visitors depart from CambridgeSide each year on the Charles River Boat Tours and Super Tours Upper Deck Trolley Tours.
- Nearby attractions include Museum of Science, Boston: 1.6 million visitors a year, 6th most visited science center in the world
- Surrounded by 18.6 million sf of office and R&D space
- 2 million square feet of office space under construction in Cambridge, of which more than 1.2 million sf is in East Cambridge
- East Cambridge is the most active submarket in Greater Boston, setting record-high rents and strong absorption.*
* CBRE New England Market Outlook 2015
- Cambridge is home to four colleges, includingHarvard and MIT, with over 41,800 students.
- CambridgeSide attracts a strong influx of students from Boston University, located just across the river, with 28,812 students.
- There are more than 100 colleges and universities located in the Greater Boston area.
- Surrounded by high-income residential with average household income exceeding $110,000
- New building have added over 4,700 units ranging from $300,000 to in excess of $1.5 million.
- Within walking distance, the NorthPoint development will bring 2,800 new residences.
- Cambridge has the highest per capita income among the top 5 most populous citiesin Massachusetts.
TRANSPORTATION AND ACCESS
- Easy access from regional and local roadways
- MBTA Lechmere Passenger Boardings: 2.2 million annually
- MBTA Kendall Square Passenger Boardings: 3.9 million annually
- Free shuttle service between MBTA Kendall Square T Stop and CambridgeSide, with average annual ridership of 330,000